Gaian Times eco-spiritual Magazine #6 came out back in November 2012, and had 3 special `covers’ (well, being an e-magzine, we can have as many covers as possible). Each cover gave attention to a special feature or a cause.
The Formal Cover had Rose Dixon in her `Urban London Witchy’ look, holding the Earth in her hand. The original photo was taken by the banks of river Thames in London, after a `Thames: River of Souls’ Samhain (Halloween) ritual, where about 30+ interested pagans attended.
Pamela Harvey, Rose Dixon, Vathani Navasothy, April Jonquil, Beth Murray, Debbie Galllagher, and Mani Navasothy (Editor/ Director) contributed features to Issue#6 of Gaian Times.
The Magazine featured the following special articles:
- Witches in London
- Disappointing Death at 16 (personal account)
- Stag Watch: A bit of a Crush
- Love the Badger Dance
- GBH: Goddess Bodily Harm (discussing eating habbits of Pagans)
- Books and failed Ideas (on creative writing)
- Poppy Thoughts of an Army Gal’s daughter
- NEWS on Australia creating largest Marine reserve
- Poem: Island Earth
- Soorna Por: Demon War (Hindu festival)
- Gaian Times Social Initiative: Esoteric Enterprises
- African Elephant Massacre
- Magic & Meditation to protect the Taiji Dolphins from annual massacre
- Major Pagan Festivals in 2013
Cover 2 highlights the `Remembrance Day’ article (Remembrance Day in Uk takes place on the 11th day of 11th month every year!)
April Jonquil wrote a special feature article for this titled `Poppy Thoughts from an Army Gal’s daughter’, reminiscing about her late mother Jean who had been in UK’s Land Army during the war.
Cover 3 featured the `Badger Dance’ – a protest event that took place right outside the Houses of Parliament in London, where Eco-activists held a good-natured `Badger Dance’ to protest against the Government move to cull mass amounts of Badgers in UK country side because of TB disease found in some Badger population. Rose Dixon wrote a special feature article on Badger Dance.
Issue#6 (above) will be taken off-line in a few weeks, so if you are interested in any of the articles mentioned above, visit Gaian Times NOW to read them.
By the way Rose Dixon (one of the Key contributors to GT) has a magical / eco blog at http://RoseDixon.net
The next issue of GT is due to be published in March 2013, (subsequent issues will be in June, September & December (tbc). But before march’13, Gaian Times Special Volume#1 will be coming out later in Feb’13 (in a few weeks).