Join us for the evening to mark SAMHAIN – the night for honoring our ancestral spirits! Outdoor Samhain is particularly intense because of the real dark (wet, windy) environment among trees and bushes that are already bare …! As evening falls, there is an eeriness that also becomes apparent.. Once at the ritual space, you will be immediately involved in the ritual – of the calling of the DarkLord, and communing with ancestors. Some divination work will commence before feasting.
• This is an open ritual held in an outdoor park/woods with easy public access.. Out ritual Team will conduct key aspects of the ceremony, with plenty of opportunities for everyone to get involved in the actual ritual.
•Please read this info section fully to get a good idea of what is involved, so that you are better magically prepared. Thank you.
• There is a Fee of £3 which you pay The ferryman at the beginning of the event.
“Samhain is a festival for the dead and ancestors. Death is seen as a transition from one phase of life to another (The Death Card in Tarot has similar meaning), or from one incarnation to the next. This rite invokes the God an Goddess of the underworld. The Dark Lord opens the gateway between our world and the underworld and invites all to feast (commune) with the dead. At Samhain the veil between world is thin, and so it is perfect time for the art of divination and mediumship.” www.WitchcraftandMagic.uk )
*new date* Date: Saturday 28th October 2017.
venue: Queen’s woods.
Meeting point: Woodman’s Pub (garden area), Archway Road, High Gate.
Please meet at The Woodman’s Pub (Archway Road) from 3.00pm. You will be led to the woods at sunset (4.40pm exactly) where you will pay the `ferryman’ your fee, and enter ritual space!
- Pub meet & greet 3.00pm to 4.00pm
- Walk to woods : 4.00pm
- Ceremony begins at 4.40pm (at Sunset).
***This event is organic – and is expected to last 90 minutes including meditative & stillness, ritual drama, an audience with The Dark Lord, and Samhain magic (communing with Ancestral spirits & rebirth work) . There will be slow chanting, drumming at various sections, and a small ritual flame in a cauldron ** After the formal end, there will be some feasting in sacred space/ circle by the Altar, and a return to the Woodman’s pub for more socials..**
**From the moment you arrive at sacred space in woods, you are kindly asked to observe stillness and reverence throughout the ceremony. All willing are expected to participate – during which moments, you are asked to be calm and not disruptive of their inner-work. **
** Once Circle is cast, we do not allow anyone to enter the sacred space..or leave without an appointed Priest/Priestess opening a doorway in the circle. If you arrive late or must leave at any point, please seek the appointed Priest/Priestess for this. Please do not Crash the circle – as it can cause magical weakness for the whole ritual and let outside energies enter or leak our own built up energy**
RITUAL outline (subject to changes)
• Opening, Sweeping & Consecration
• Circle casting & calling quarters
• energy raising chant/ spiral dance
• Invocations of Crone Goddess & Dark Lord
• Crone Goddess magic- burning of regrets.
• DarkLord Magic – Seasonal magic – Opening of Gateway to Underworld, communing / honouring the dead & ancestors.
• Audience with Dark Lord (tbc) – attendees go and meet the Dark Lord 1-2-1 in a separate space for few minutes each (optional).
• Blessing of Cakes & Wine
• *devocations (* At Samhain, circle is NOT closed)
• Feasting & Socials
RITUAL items to bring:
– Your ritual cloths/ robes/ cloaks
– Staff / wands / antlers / tribal masks
– Drums & musical instruments
– Lanterns / candles / lighter
– Crystals / runes / divination tools
-Poetry / invocations (learnt or to read)
-All Pagans of any spiritual are welcome..
-Non-pagans, friends/ families & children of pagans are welcome.
FOOD & DRINKS TO SHARE:
Here are some suggestions–
-Home made/ baked items are exceptionally welcome (Bread, cakes, buns, salads, soup, pre-cooked potatoes).
-Wine & Mead are popular for the pre-ritual social and for feasting & socials afterwards!
– shop-bought items (sausage rolls, short-eats).
-Cheese / ham/ butter/ crisps/ dips
-Chicken (cooked pieces)
– Water / soft drinks/ tea & coffee in flasks
-vegetarian food/ vegan food
(Basically any items that add towards a sensible feast/ meal).
You are welcome to dress up in your Halloween best cloaks, robes, shamanic attires etc. Bring pumpkins, masks, glow-lights, food & drinks to share…
-Mani Navasothy (Author, Teacher, Wiccan High Priest )
—————Wicca Resources/ books /courses by Mani———–
If you are interested in Wicca & Witchcraft, formal coven work, initiation and training, personal study, then the following will be useful for you:
• Our website: www.WitchcraftAndMagic.Uk – check it out for extensive articles & videos on wicca & Witchcraft;
• eBook `Coven Guide: Become an initiated Witch‘ – written by Mani (Wiccan High Priest with 20+ yrs of experience in craft, coven & initiation).
• eCourse – e-Witch Apprentice study course . (home study course in 9 modules. study at your own pace. Contact with Tutor for e-mail support. Includes ritual work, transpersonal psychology, all wicca subjects, tool making).