Join us for an outdoor Harvest Gathering to celebrate LAMMAS 2019. This is an open ritual held in an outdoor park/woods with easy public access..
“Lammas is one of the 8 seasonal festivals celebrated by most Pagans, Wiccans/ Witches and druids in UK. At the time of Lammas, at the height of his power, the Corn King gives up his life force to the land! This is harvest time in the fields, where Corn is cut down and other such grain are harvested. John Barleycorn is `baked’ and sacrificed. In God mythology, the God willingly gives himself up and the Goddess cuts him down, so that his energy may feed the land. Just as the fallen seed sleeps safely within the soil, till winter passes and next spring, so the spirit of the Lammas-King enters the underworld.
On a personal note – we celebrate the harvest and rewards & results of all our hard works so far in the year.. honour the land & fields, and feast and celebrate with family and friends and community.
fee: £5 – now collected at start.
revised Date: Sunday 28th July 2019
revised duration: 3.30pm for 4pm start. Ends at 8pm.
Meeting point/ walk to woods:
Please meet at the Garden area of `Woodmans Pub’ on Archway Road at 3.30pm. At approx 4pm we’ll be processing to the woods, where ritual team will greet you and begin ceremony. **Please wait in the pub. Until a team member leads you to the woods**.
What you can bring:
This is a seasonal gathering with Magical ceremony & community social. So do bring your pagan/ shamanic/ witchy looks and tools:
• Your ritual cloths/ robes/ cloaks
• Staff / wands / antlers / tribal masks
• Drums & musical instruments
• Poetry / invocations (learnt or to read)
• weather-proof clothing (no telling what weather will be).
• Ground sheets/ blankets to sit on..wrap up.
• Insect repellent oils/ sprays
See you there for a magical time. Bright Blessings.
-Mani & friends
Link to our meetup event https://www.meetup.com/LondonWoodlandWitches/events/258740554/
We are becoming aware of our increasing responsibilities as our group grows. So we have some policies in place.
Policy (brief notes):
1. NO filming/ recording/ photography during Ritual. You may take photos of altar and your selves/ team/ friends *AFTER* ceremony.
2. Strictly NO interviewing/ recording / questioning or prodding of other members for research purposes of any kind at any time!! We have NEVER allowed this!
3. Strictly No Drugs of any sort at any time. We only partake of wine/ beer mead at our ceremonies and in moderation. No drinking during ritual!
4. New comers / strangers attend our events. We can not screen them all. So please take your own safety seriously. Do not exchange phone / email/ whatspp etc without getting to know people well first. We do not authorise anyone other than ones clearly announced by Mani (organiser).
5. Children (under 16) are not allowed at our `witchy’ or any evening events (starting after 3pm). Please do not bring kids. We organise `family-friendly’ events (clearly marked as such) where you can bring anyone under 16yrs.
6. We are a community events group.. We regrettably do not have manpower or resources to look after those with disability. Anyone with such difficulty and attending must make their own independent care/ support arrangements.
Full media Policy –>
Full safety/disability/drugs policy–>