This experiential session is part of our Woodland Wicca workshops. New comers to Wicca and those interested in Spellcraft / Ritual magic will benefit from this workshop.
This session covers the following:
- Introduction to spellcraft & Magic (in Wicc – how we do magic; within-without principle; Basic requirements; safety & warning in spellcraft; Laws of return;
- Cord Magic – Using Cords, how you can do magic; demonstration & practice with a cord (you can actually use the opportunity to do a bit of magic) . ( 1 metre cords will be provided)
- Rune Magic – Basic introduction to Runes – symbols & meanings; How to do Rune magic; Bind Runes;
- Candle Magic – Preparing the candle- anointing/ consecrating; Intention setting; Using one of the Runes learnt (in same workshop), you’ll all do one candle -magic. (stick candles – white – will be provided).
All materials & printed notes will be provided.
Date : Saturday 8th June 2019
Duration: 11.00am to 4.30pm inclusive of breaks.
Venue: Wimbledon woods (but initial meeting point is Wimbledon windmill cafe)
Fee: £15. You can pay by cash on the day.
meeting point/ Time/ Travel Details:
We meet At Windmill Tea room (outside seating area) by 11.00am. Then we will go to the woods to do the workshop. Workshop will end by approx 4.00pm. If it’s wet/ raining, I will put up a Tarp cover, as we have done in previous outdoor workshops.
From Wimbledon or Putney, take the bus No 93. Alight at bus stop `Parkside Hospital’. Go into `Windmill Road’ and walk about 5-10mins. Turn right towards car park and Cafe/ Tea rooms.
This place has free car park / toilet facilities. Car park fills up so get there early to park.
Cafe spending: It has most types of food/ breakfast / coffees etc. If using card payment, there is a minimum spend of £10 (I know!) BUT if paying for smaller amount, they will put a fee of 50p.
What to wear / bring:
- ***Please dress really appropriate for weather! *** Good water-proof coats, proper boots/ shoes / trainers..that are not going to get soaked in mud/ rain. Gloves, scarf. hats; possibly a bag/ ruck sack to put all your belonging and set aside (on the ground, when doing ritual).
- Bring a soft cushion to sit on (as we’ll be seated on logs or the ground).
- Bring a blanket to wrap up for your comfort.
- Bring a hot flask of drink for your self and any snacks for breaktime.
Wiccan High Priest / Author / Teacher
You can join the meetup event for this and interact with others who are planning to attend, or simply arrive on the day at meeting point.