These Wicca & Witchcraft monthly Circles are ideal for YOU – if you have a serious interest and like to attend and participate in an outdoor Wiccan ritual with like-minded magical people. After out meeting/greetings at the cafe area, we’ll walk up to where the ritual space/ altar is set up. Those who like to put on robes or ritual cloths can put them on. (Note: Rest assured…There is NO nudity! )
You are welcome to make a donation towards our running costs (voluntary contribution of £3 appreciated).
upcoming Full Moon & New moon rituals (links take you to my meetup events):
- Thursday 19th October 2017 – New Moon ritual – Woodland
- Friday 3rd November 2017 – Full moon ritual- Thames
- Saturday 18th November 2017 – New Moon ritual – Woodland
- Sunday 3rd December 2017 – Full moon ritual – Thames
- Tuesday 19th December 2017 – Full moon Ritual – Woods
The ritual gathering will take on the usual Wiccan format:
- Preparing space & setting up Altar.
- Run-through (quick explaining of ritual and what’s involved).
- Meditative energy work (chakra or other)
- Opening Prayer / Path working
- Consecrations with salt/water & incense
- Magic Circle Casting
- Calling of elemental quarters – with invocations & symbols
- Energy raising with chant . brief circle dance
- God & Goddess work (some times invocations)
- Magical work / spell-craft
- Blessing of cakes & wine
- Some training work/ wicca discussions (if time permits)
- Closing of energies
- Socialising / feasting
- Tidy-up & departure
Key facilitator: Mani Navasothy, Initiated Wiccan High Priest, with over 18 yrs of Wicca, Craft & Coven experiences in one of the key lineages in the UK. Mani has published several e-Books on Wicca & Witchcraft.
Outdoor VENUE :
We use one of several public woods or parks in and around London (Richmond Park, Trent Park, Queen’s Woods, Woods in Croydon, Hyde Park..and river side locations by Thames…. but exact venue may change each time. So please double-check these event listings each time!
questions & Sharing
* Mani will be happy to answer your questions…after the ritual.
* Sharing of what you experienced is encouraged during social time.
* We ask you keep gossip & political / controversial chit-chats outside of these magical events.. ! Pub moots are good for those kind of chats…not these full moon rituals.
If you attend a few times, you will quickly become familiar with practical format & words.. And after a few visits, you can volunteer to take some of the roles at subsequent rituals.. When that happens, facilitators can help you prepare ..
-Facilitators will be putting on their Robes for the ritual.
-If you have any robes, or ritual cloths (outdoors!) please bring them.
-Occasionally, we will have a few spare robes for new comers to borrow at the event..
We will provide a print out of words / ritual outline .. It is advised that you browse through it, and follow it during run-through..but put it away and watch/ participate in the actual ritual.. Then you can take the print out home and re-read it and fill gaps from memory. This is the best experiential way to learn Wicca!!
Policy on Filming / Photography/ sound recording:
The main purpose of Mani running these rituals is to cater for the people seriously looking for spiritual & religious development. Privacy of people attending, as well as allowing them their own personal space for having their learning/ magical experience is of paramount importance to Mani (organiser). With that in mind,
- No Photography during ritual!
- No video/ audio recording at any time!!
- Journalist & students may attend / participate and gain insights (No observations or note taking! You must be willing to participate in the ritual).
- Journalists / students may NOT try to get view points/ interviews from other participants – which has the detrimental effect of disrupting their magical experience/ state of mind, and putting them in an uneasy `on show’ mode.
- However, Mani (organiser) is happy to arrange personal interviews / talks.
What to bring:
-Magical or peaceful emotions
-Some food & drinks to share (bottle of wine or soft drink..or flask of coffee/tea, home made bread, cheese, crisps, dips)
Clothing/what to wear:
-Our rituals take place whatever the weather! So wear weather-proof clothing & shoes. Weather changes. We dress up wisely always..and we carry on the rituals in whatever weather. So come truly prepared!!
Woodland Conduct & Safety:
We always gather at a public place (by station or pub or cafe) and go into the selected Woodland / park area. . We can only guide you out of the woods, after we have finished the ritual..! If you wish to leave mid-ritual, you must take responsibility for your own way out. Bring a torch light as it gets dark, and pathways can seem confusing in the dark! We’ll try to mark the path in woods with ribbons on trees, but this is not a reliable method, as other people may remove ribbons.
- No fires in woods.
- No drunken behaviour in woods.
Take all your rubbish home, or part of the way and place in bins provided along woodland footpaths. We usually have bin bags to collect our own rubbish too.
Join Mani’s meetup : London Woodland Witches wiccans & Outdoor Pagans