Halloween/ Samhain : A `Letting-go’ ceremony
This is a simple ritual that has an impact on a magical and transpersonal level. The act of doing the ritual is magical. The act also sends a strong message to your own subconscious mind, which in turn will begin a positive long term impact.
Usually people do these `letting go’ rituals at Samhain (Halloween) or on New Year’s Eve, as a way of letting go of their past issues and ties. However, as you embark on a new magical journey, it is equally appropriate to let go of the issues that weigh you down inwardly now.
There are those who will find this difficult to do, not the actual practical ritual itself but approaching the matter of making an effort to let go. Some people find it `comfortable’ to hold on to past issues, and cling to them as some sort of crutch. But letting go, even if this ritual is done half-heartedly, still creates the wonderful `avalanche effect’ of starting the process within. You do not have to even believe it. Just do it! (We are working in the realms of magic, after all!)
- You’ll need a large piece of blank paper, a pen, a small container to burn it in (a saucepan, if you do not have a cauldron), matches or lighter.
- On a piece of paper, write down the following (in no particular order or format): Worries and fears you currently have in your life; Problems you may face on health issues, financial, housing, career or work related. Issues on bullying/ harassment you may be facing, of politics, relationships, friendships, love, security; Matters of past guilt, shame, secrecy, fidelity, loyalty.
- Once writing is complete, hold the piece of paper to your chest and visualize those issues seeping out from your heart into the paper. You can also hold the paper to your forehead, and visualize the issues that have been worrying you, seeping from your mind and into the paper. For health issues, we suggest you hold the paper against your stomach and visualize those issues seeping into the paper. (You can do all 3 on the same paper).
- Now gently spit on the paper 3 times.
- Go to a ventilated location in your house – garden, veranda, balcony, or back-door (with door open). Slightly crunch the piece of paper into a loose ball. Light it with matches or lighter.
- Step back a little and watch it burn away completely. Let those energies that have tied you up till now be burned away by the powers of Fire, leaving you to begin an internal transformation. If there are any ashes left, you can bury them in the ground, or drop them into the toilet, urinate over and flush them down!!
link: Witchcrat & Magic