Wicca is a Pagan religious Path that includes honouring the divine, as well as the use of ritual magic for empowerment and bettering of our lives. This 1-day course is for beginners & seekers – to all those interested or curious about Wicca & Witchcraft and like a simple, down to earth, friendly introduction…the whole lot in one day..!
Please attend with an open mind, and flexibility of time. We go into the woods to be away from the machinations of urban society, and to attune to the rhythms and energies of nature. Try to relax, ground, centre, earth and be open for the duration of the course. Allow a bit of time-buffer towards end for questions/ answers & conversations. Afterwards, we’ll go to the Woodman’s pub (indoors) and continue with some socials and carry on conversing about wicca and related matters.
Fee: £13 payable via paypal or cash on the day.
You can pay using this link (when using paypal to book with this link, please put a note stating `wicca 1-day course’ )
1-day wicca course 25th Feb2018
VENUE: Course will be held in outdoor woodland setting (Queen’s Woods, where usually hold our outdoor Wicca rituals). we’ll meet at nearby Pub (Woodman’s) and walk together.
Nearest Tube: HighGate (northern line) – then 1 min walk to the pub.
This is a basic introduction course. Brief explanations will be given as well as demonstration on consecrations, circle casting, calling elements; You’ll learn how to properly say/ pronounce wiccan words/items, as well as some work on invocations & God/Goddess charges;
• Intro: Origins of Modern Wicca; Wiccan Law & principles;
• Energy: Connecting to nature; Chakra & Tree meditation;
• Altar & Ritual tools – athame, wands, sword, scourge, pentacle etc
• Sweeping/ purifications; Consecrations with salt & water/ incense; casting magic circle (words/ demo);
• Elements & Quarters; Symbols & qualities of Air/fire/Water/Earth in wicca; pentagrams/ triangles; invocation words (demo); Transpersonal work (4 functions).
• God & Goddess in wicca: Horned Gods- Hern, Pan, Cernunnos; Moon Goddesses – Maiden/ mother/ Crone; what are God/Goddess invocations & charges? who can use the energies? Empowerment; Importance of devocations;
• Magic & Spellcraft in Wicca- healing spell; cord & candle magic;
• Esbats & Sabats- Wheel of the year – related seasonal myths & rituals explained (Imbolc, Spring, Beltane, MidSummer, Lammas, Autumn, Samhain, Yule); Full moon/ new moon rituals;
• Initiations & Coven life – brief outline of degrees, how to approach covens, hierarchy; who is suitable; rejections; non-initiatory covens; Projections & attractions to god/goddess energies; abuse of power (warnings);
NO Recording / photography—————— .
Tutor may take some photos with permission for publicity purpose. Your faces can be blurred on any photos to be used. Let Mani (Tutor) know)
We can not predict weather ..but we can be prepared.
• Please wear plenty of warm clothing (it actually gets cold when you sit down on the ground for long). If it’s raining much, tutor will bring a tarpaulin sheet cover.. so we don’t get wet (too much)
• What to bring
• For your own comfort, please bring any food/drinks lunch (Please avoid eating during course delivery!). Bring flask of hot drinks. Bring comfortable cushion/ mat to sit on, as well as a blanket / throw to wrap up .. (or if it’s just cold). Please wear warm coats, socks scarf..
-Mani Navasothy (Wiccan High Priest/ Facilitator)
Link to meetup event