The LBRP – Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram – is a ceremonial piece of magic performed at the start of any major magical work. It’s aim is to clear / banish *all* energies from a particular working space – so that the magician can then create sacred space, consecrations, and fill the space with energy of their own – for invoking Deities or angels or other works.
Notes & Art works (c) Mani Navasothy . No part of this notes maye be copied, shared, reproduced or published in any medium – without written permission from Mani Navasothy.
***Please DO NOT copy or use my art/ graphics elsewhere. I have NEVER given permission to Anyone! **
The following extensive notes with stage-by-stage graphics showing what happens and what to visualise – was provided by me to my Students, after running this as part of a Woodland High Magic workshop in May/June of 2018. I am now making this available freely to all in my blog http://www.QuantumPhoenix.net.
LBRP takes place in 5 stages
1. Grounding & Reaching to Deity –
2. Kabbalistic Cross –
3. Banishing Pentagrams & Circle–
4. Calling 4 Archangels at Quarters for Protection.
5. Kabbalistic Cross (again).
1. Grounding & Reaching to Deity –
this involves visualisation that your feet is firmly grounded on Earth. You draw on Earth energy to `grow’ and become larger than known Universe, until you can see the Divine light in distance in the void beyond all universe.
2. Kabbalistic Cross –
- This is where you praise and honour the supreme Deity (God) and draw the divine light into your self.. Imagine a brilliant white light descending. ..first down into your forehead (saying ATEH meaning `thou art’.
- Visualise this light now flowing down through your body and all the way to Infinity ..below you!. Saying the words MALKUTH – meaning `the Kingdom’).
- You then draw energy from the centre and project it through you all the way to the right, saying the words VE-GEBURAG, meaning `and the Power’;
- You do the same for the left, saying VE-GEDULAH, meaning, `and the Glory’. This forms a beam of divine light going from the central bean to infinity in both right and left directions.
- Finally, saying, LE-OLAM meaning `forever’ you project a beam of divine light from all the way to infinity in front of you, and also project a beam all the way to infinity behind you.
- You bring hands into praying posture saying `AMEN’ meaning `So be it’.
- Thus you are standing in the centre with 6 beams of divine light.
3. Banishing Pentagrams & Circle:
You then drawn energy from the light beams within, and conjure flaming blue pentagrams in 4 Directions..
- You begin in the East, and vibrating a God name YOD HE VAU HE to charge the pentagram. This is an Earth-banishing pentagram. This is pushed out in the East …as it clears all energies in that direction.
- You then draw a quarter of a circle, from East to South.
- Facing South, you conjure 2nd flaming pentagram, and energise it with another God Name This pentagram is then pushed out to infinity in the Southern direction, clearing all energies.
- You now draw another quarter-circle, from South to West.
- Facing West, you conjure 3rd flaming pentagram, and energise it with another God Name EHEIEH. This pentagram is then pushed out to infinity in the Western direction, clearing all energies.
- You now draw another quarter-circle, from West to North.
- Facing North , you conjure 4th flaming pentagram, and energise it with another God Name AGLA. This pentagram is then pushed out to infinity in the Northern direction, clearing all energies.
- Finally, You complete another quarter-circle, from North to East.
4. Calling 4 Archangels at Quarters for Protection:
As you have completed the circle, along with 4 banishing pentagrams, you will now be standing in the centre – facing East. Calling all angels takes place while you still face East..
- You visualise the Archangel Raphael in the East in front of you.
- Say, `Before me, Raphael’, then call out his name
- Now feel the presence of Gabriel behind you (in the West).. Remember you are still facing forward to East.
- Say `Behind me, Gabriel and call out the name Gabriel.
- Now just turn only your head towards your right ..which is the direction South. Visualise Michael. Call out his name
- Last but not least, turn your head to your left (the direction of North) and visualise Uriel. Call out the name
Take a moment to visualise clearly the 4 Archangels in the 4 directions.. guarding those directions in the circle. Make sure to honour and welcome them.
5. Full Circle & Kabbalistic Cross repeated:
- You now acknowledge the whole magical working as a reminder, by saying,
“Around me flames the pentagrams. And within me / behind shines the six-rayed star”
- You now perform the Kabbalistic Cross again – as you are now in a purified and protected space. Begin with divine light above, drawing in down into body, projecting it to right and left and beams, and projecting it forward and back.
Notes & Art works (c) Mani Navasothy 2018. No part of this notes maye be copied, shared, reproduced or published in any medium – without express written permission from Mani Navasothy.
Other useful High Magic blogs by Mani :
— Angelic Magic: Creating Archangel names in sigil forms for Raphael, Michael, Gabriel and Uriel.
— Elements Invocation Pentagrams in Wicca explained with detailed astrology graphics.
LBRP – Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram – detailed notes with over 25 illustrations.
3 thoughts on “High Magic: LBRP – Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (Detailed notes & graphics by Mani )”
This is the best illustration i ve ever seen so far, even though I dont perform lbrp frequently.