Join us on 3rd Feb’18, early evening to mark IMBOLC ceremony in the woods. “Imbolc is said to be the time when the Winter Goddess who has kept her grip on the land loosens her hold, so that the ice melts and waters break and flow again. It is when the Goddess Bride (Brigid) `returns’ to the land. Her path is lit by candles, symbolising the return of light and warmth which is imminent. Bride is a Goddess of poetry, inspiration, healing, knot-magic and weaving. With her, she brings the gifts of 3 flames!”
*** Fee: £5 (concession £4) – collected before ritual. **
From 3.30pm, gather in the back garden/ patio area of The Woodman’s pub..(corner of Archway Road) ..few minutes s from HighGate tube (north london). We’ll leave at 4pm in a candle lite procession to woods.. for ceremony.
This is an open ritual held in an outdoor park/woods with easy public access..
Out ritual *Team will conduct key aspects of the ceremony, with plenty of opportunities for everyone to get involved in the actual ritual – ie with elements calling, chants, magical work and so on.
• Wiccan Opening Prayer, sweeping & Consecrations
• Circle casting & Element quarters called
• Farewell to Winter Goddess
• Invocation of Virgin Goddess Bride / Bridget
• Bride arrives via a path lit by candles ..and blesses all with her 3 gifts of flames
• Cakes & Wine blessed & shared
• Close circle
Example: Plea to Winter Goddess to leave.
Invocation to Bride – Virgin Goddess
RITUAL items to bring:
– Food & drinks to share at woodland feasting
– Your ritual cloths/ robes/ cloaks
– Staff / wands / antlers / tribal masks
– Drums & musical instruments
– Lanterns / candles / lighter
– Crystals / runes / divination tools
– Poetry / invocations (learnt or to read)
We’ll return to the Pub after ceremony in woods, to carry on socials as usual till late.
Author/ Pagan Teacher/ Wiccan High Priest
Link to our meetup event: