Autumn Equinox info-graphix!
Autumn Equinox info-graphix!
For the past 3-4 years, we have been gathering on 21st September- International Peace Day – to mark this day, do a small ceremony, and have a social/ picnic. This time we are meeting by the `Peace Pagoda’ in Battersea Park, London.
As it’s a weekday, we’ll gather from 6pm onwards.
After initial meet & greets, and settling, we’ll set up sacred space with consecrations, purification, calling elemental quarters – then – do a 10 minutes of `Om’ chanting for World Peace. Our magical work will culminate with a combined effort to create a piece of eco-art or mandala, with whatever objects/ sacred items we can individually bring…lit by a circle of candles in lanterns / jam jars (no naked candles please…for safety reasons).
Please note: So we shall create a free-flow eco-art / mandala of our own design .
Details: wednesday 21st September 2016. Gather from 6pm…for ceremony/ Om chat at 7pm. Socials & candle-lit picnic afterwards. venue: Meet by the Peace Pagoda, Battersea park, south london. We’ll be on the grass area besides it..
What to bring:
** Note: we are NOT playing any drums/ musical instruments**
More details of this event nearer the time.
Peace Day background:
Few years ago I met Jeremy Gilley at a London Entrepreneur Meeting (He had just 5 minutes to tell everyone all about it. It turns out, he founded a non-profit organisation `Peace One Day’ in 1999, and campaigned for just 1 day of peace in war zones. In 2001, United Nations formally adopted the first ever annual day of global ceasefire and non-violence. So inspired by this – and having never heard of it till that moment, I decided to hold `Peace Day Picnics’ in London.. and have been doing son for few years now..)
Peace day info: http://www.peaceoneday.org/welcome
Link to meetup event
Am delighted to inform you all about a special Full Moon ritual! As many know, I am very much into astrological explorations, as well as ritual magic. I wrote (possibly the world’s first) book on Eclipse Magic..back in 2012. For years (almost 2 decades) I have practised my `eclipse magic’ on my own.. and this will be the first time I will be facilitating/ sharing that in an actual ceremony.. taking place at the exact time of an eclipse (penumbral lunar eclipse…visible from UK at time of moon-rise..). So here’s the details. -mani
Our Wicca Full moon Rituals are ideal for people interested in Wicca & Witchcraft. They provide an Introduction to Wicca, Witchcraft & Ritual Magic – for all new comers and beginners, and Seekers of The Craft. Consisting of friendly and informal introductions, they then move on to a formal Wiccan Ritual – facilitated by Mani (Wiccan High Priest) & our core ritual group.
We’ll be doing Eclipse Magic as part of this gathering to take advantage of the penumbral Lunar Eclipse taking place at the exact time of our ritual (7.54pm).
Wiccan Ritual Outline (to be changed with Eclipse Magic in mind):
-Preparing space & setting up Altar. (done by Ritual Team separately)
-Run-through- Lead facilitator Mani (High Priest) will explain outline of Ritual, delegate any roles. Brief Q&A.
-Enter Ritual space with reverence.
-Opening prayers and /or Meditation (chakra or other)
-Consecrations with salt & water, incense, candles
-Casting magic Circle
-Calling elemental quarters
-Invocations / prayers to Moon Goddess & Horned God
-Cakes & Wine blessing
-Closing & Grounding work
– Feasting, Socialising…
————**Admission fee: £3 **—————
What to bring:
***Please dress appropriate for weather! ***
**Please DO bring food & drinks to share ( bread & cheese / humus are a good start) and any soft drink/wine that you like to share with others in circle.
** Our rituals start in twilight, but often end when it’s already nightfall.. So a torchlight is important.
** We sit on the ground! A simple ground sheet is effective (blankets get wet in winter). Or a stool.
– Your wand (if you have one)
– crystals, tarot etc.
– A robe/ cloak to wear (optional)
Primal Natural forces:
These ritual circles take place in public Woodlands or parks. As they are outdoors, we are at the mercy of elements (sunshine, storms, snow, fog etc)..
By being outdoors in nature regularly in a ritual setting, you’ll develop a real magical / psychic attunement & healthy respect to nature’s wild energies, as well as an inner confidence, outdoor ritual experience and dare I say.. empowerment and magical competence…
Exact location of meeting point:
We meet by the Cattle trough/ small monument near Bus stop `S’ (Parkside Avenue) on bus route 93..on the main road (Parkside) .
• If coming from Wimbledon……… take bus 93 heading to Putney. *After* passing War memorial stop, ring bell.. and get off at next stop ( `Parkside Avenue’ bus stop `S’) and walk a few meters back to the cattle trough.
• If coming from Putney…………., take bus 93 heading to Wimbledon. Get off at `Parkside Avenue / bus stop `B’. Cross road and meet us by the old small monument/ cattle trough .
(Gardnerian High Priest)
Ganesh Chathurthi is a special festival that honors the birth of the Hindu elephant-headed god, Lord Ganesha (Ganapathy, Vinayagar). He is said to remove obstacles and bring good fortune.
Ananta Chaturdashi is the 10th and penultimate day of the great Ganesha Utsav or festival that begins with Vinayaka Chathurthi. At the end of this day, Lord Ganesh is given a grand farewell and the idols that were installed for the festival are carried to the nearby river, lake or sea front and immersed with a lot of devotion and fanfare.
I first did this ceremony last year (in 2015) by the river Thames, in Richmond, London, UK. There were about 5 of us. And a photojournalist friend. And to our pleasant surprise, we found that nearby (about 10 metres away)..a local Hindu community was also doing a much bigger scaled version ..immersing their Ganapathy statue in the Thames.
We waited till they had done their ceremony, then went to the water and immersed our Ganapathy.
So come join us this year (tomorrow).
Here is a map of the area where we will be.
meetup link for this event.
Many in my meetup group have asked for a deeper, extended covering of Wicca, so here it is – a course in 3 parts. It is still suitable for beginners, but each subject is covered in much greater depths, and includes meditations, pathworking, and magical / ritual work – to embed what you are learning!
This takes place over 3 consecutive Sundays in September. You don’t have to do all of them.. (but if you did, it will form a cohesive deeper and practical experience of Wicca). You may attend one or more.
• Part 1: Sacred Space & Energy (Sunday 4th Sept)
• Part2: Horned Gods & Moon Goddesses (sunday 11th Sept).
• Part 3: Practical Magic, Covens & Initiations in Wicca (Sunday 18th Sept)
Fee: £13 per session. You can book/ rsvp now for each course, and turn up and pay by cash on the day.
The following structure has been devised by me.
Part 1: Sacred Space & Energy – (Sunday 4th September 2016)
You’ll experientially learn about the following :
Magical energy preparations/ work:
• Chakra system of personal energy centres will be explained, with a practical meditation to experience this;
• An energy attuning pathworking will be led by tutor (using 4 element imagery, as well as growing horns & branches, and connecting to the Earth centres using imagery of growing roots.
• Consecrations – you’ll first see a demonstration of purifying and blessing, using Salt & Water, incense and Candle / lantern, the tools to use, and the usual wiccan words; Then each student will get a chance to practise the consecrations;
• Circle casting: Using your own wand, athame or the tutor’s wand, you will earn the visualisation, energy work and practise casting a magic circle.
• Elements & Quarters: The reasons and methods of calling/ invoking the undertaken elementals at the quarters inside a magic circle will be explained and demonstrated with words and symbols(invoking pentagrams, and element triangles) to be drawn; You will then practise this;
• Transpersonal qualities: There will be further explanations of the qualities invoked with elements, colour and symbolic correspondences. An exercise will also be undertaken by us – for internal elemental exploration and transpersonal balance.
• Witches Rune: Often used in Circles for energy raising (creative poetry written by Doreen Valiente – mother of modern Witchcraft). We will allocate some time to exploring the Witche’s Rune, the symbolism inherent in it, and have several practice chants of it.
Part 2: Working with God & Goddess in Wicca: (Sunday 11th September 2016)
You’ll experientially learn about the following :
• God forms in Wicca: This includes Cernunnos, Hern, Pan, Green Man, Dark Lord (Death), Sun God, Odin, Osiris …amongst others. The symbology of Horns, hooves, antlers are explained, as well as some discussion on the demonising (Pagan god seen as satan/ devil) of the god by non-pagans. We’ll deal with any hidden fears, old conditionings and prejudices, and work transpersonally to reconnect with the Horned God of Wicca and his empowering wildwood energies. Chants will be taught and used.
• Goddess form in Wicca: We’ll explore the Triple-Goddess imagery used in Wicca- maiden, mother and crone, as well as the various examples – Dianna the Huntress, Isis , Cailleach, Hecate, Gaia and more…
• The God & Goddess cycle in Wicca explained with diagrams and notes- ie the maiden Persephone’s abduction at Autumn, motherhood, rejuvenated Bride arriving back to land at Imbolc; Marriage of God & Goddess at Beltane; the sacrifice of the God at Lammas; coming of Dark Lord at Samhain; Birth of Sun-child at Yule and more.
• Invocations, evocations and Charges of God & Goddess : What happens after circle is cast and energy raised in a coven? How are the god & Goddess brought into the Circle? Who carries those energies? What is the Drawing down of the Moon? And Sun? How does working with God & Goddess empower Witches? All will be explained with brief demonstration of postures.
• We’ll go through some invocations and learn to use them. (which you can use in your own or group rituals).
• Charge of the Goddess – the poetry work created by Doreen Valiente – mother of modern witchcraft will be looked.
• Cup and sword pathworking – to meet the God and Goddess.
Part 3: Ritual Magic, Covens & Initiations in Wicca (Sunday 18th September 2016)
You’ll experientially learn about the following :
• Principles of Magic & Divination explained using the hexagram;
• Main forms of ritual magic practised in coven-wicca explained and demonstrated (Candle magic, cord magic, healing work, rune magic).
• We’ll do one piece of practical magic.
• Making of tools and how to consecrate them in a circle will be covered, with an option for you to consecrate one of your tools (wand);
• Coven structures, initiation degree systems; some preparations and quests that seekers of initiation must undergo (no oathbound coven secrets will be divulged! But published materials will be talked about, and any misconceptions/ fears you have will be addressed as long as it does not breach wiccan secrecy oaths.
• All about your Witch-Name : What is it? Why? How do you go about choosing one? When is it used? and more.
What to bring
• For your own comfort, please bring any food/drinks lunch (Please avoid eating during course delivery, unless otherwise stated on the day !);
• bring flask of hot drinks.
• ***Bring comfortable cushion/ mat to sit on, as well as a blanket / throw to wrap up ..during meditative work (or if it’s just cold).
• Please wear warm coats, socks (those ankle socks are pointless…as gnats and mosquitos will get you !), scarf..
• We’ll have some wine for ceremonial parts of the course & for a bit of social after
• Strictly no exotic substance/ drugs etc!
• Note books/ pen .
Recording / photography policy
No private recording by phones/ dictaphones.
No photography during course delivery & practise. .
Course notes / voice recording by Tutor:
Some printed notes will be provided
Parts of the Course will be recorded (voice only) by the Tutor, and uploaded to a private link, where students who attended the course can listen in a few weeks after the course to refresh their minds. (only informative parts. Pathworking etc will not be part of this.
Practical Details for the Day (venue/transport).
You can get to Wimbledon (served by Train, buses, tram, tube).
From Wimbledon, take bus 93 going towards Putney.
Get down at `Wimbledon Tea rooms’ stop
Walk 5-10 minutes along a small road to Wimbledon Tea Rooms, inside Wimbledon Common.
You can drive in and park your cars for free.
Please gather at the outdoor seats of the Tea Room/ Cafe by 11.30am. Once all are gathered, we’ll all walk up into the space set up for the course (close to where we held the course in February & July’ 16).
We will break for lunch and short tea/coffee breaks. And we shall aim to finish by 5pm..
Links to the Meetup events for these courses (where you can pay by paypal)
( Wiccan High Priest & published Author)
I attended the Ther (annual chariot festival ) at Ganapathy temple yesterday with my mother, and met a few relatives and friends🙂 Also managed to to Ganapathy mantra 1000+ times (counting on fingers ..without my chanting Rudraksha was a bit difficult at times.. as we’re all walking..and much was going on.. )
It was amazing, spiritual and absolutely festive as ever. This time around I was able to focus more on the different aspects (forever studying and decoding the intricate ritual aspects and their meanings.. much of it is not usually taught in schools..except to Brahmins who are training to be Hindu Priests).
So here are the tons of photos. You can see full explanations under each photo in my facebook album.. (it’s my intention to preserve the meanings, and share that with those interested).
Om Maha Ganapathy Nama!
there are many who honour and worship the Hindu Elephant-headed God Ganapathy (Ganesh). He is a remover of obstacles! In London, this time of the year, the Ganapathy temple conducts their annual festival..which culminates after many weeks of celebrations and special poojas, with the Chariot Festival (Ther).
I will be attending this, and walking with the deities with the large chariots ..along the side roads.. to gain full divine blessings of Lord Ganapathy.
You are most welcome to do so.. (even if it is only for part of the journey).
Buses will be diverted in that area.. Please check TFL website for updates.
Nearest Tube: Wimbledon (District line)..Then bus 200 goes closer to Effra Road. `Colliers wood’ and `south Wimbledon’ are also nearby tube stations (Northern line) ..from which you will need to either walk 30 mins..or take buses to get to Effra Road.
125-133 Effra Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 8PU.
The Chariot Festival will begin at 8.30am in the morning,.and conclude around 1pm…Then deities will be taken inside temple..fore more prayers / poojas..
(I aim to be at the temple by 8am. On this occasion, I will NOT be waiting to collect / organise anyone…as following early morning shower/ purification and meditations, I will be observing silence and get to the temple asap..to begin worship).
As some are already aware, last year (2015) in Autumn, I began organising/ facilitating `Hindu Magic Rituals’ in outdoor venues…
There has been a little gap. With this Ganapathy festival, I will be re-starting a full set of Hindu Magic rituals.
I will of course be sharing these events also in my other meetup `London Woodland Witches & outdoor Pagans’ .