Wicca is a Pagan religious Path that includes honouring the divine, as well as the use of ritual magic for empowerment and bettering of our lives. This 1-day intensive course is for beginners & seekers – to all those interested or curious about Wicca & Witchcraft and like a simple, down to earth, friendly introduction…the whole lot in one day..!
Please attend with an open mind, and flexibility of time. We go into the woods to be away from the machinations of urban society, and to attune to the rhythms and energies of nature. Try to relax, ground, centre, earth and be open for the duration of the course. Allow a bit of time-buffer towards end for questions/ answers & conversations. Afterwards, we’ll go to the Woodman’s pub (indoors) and continue with some socials and carry on conversing about wicca and related matters.
Standard Fee: £20. You can pay using this link.
Concession fee £15 (low/unwaged). Please use this link.
**You can also let me know via meetup (just go to my meetup event and rsvp), and pay by cash to tutor on the day** (for planning purposes, this facility will be phased out soon).
VENUE: Course will be held in outdoor woodland setting (Queen’s Woods, where usually hold our outdoor Wicca rituals). we’ll meet at nearby Pub (Woodman’s) and walk together.
Nearest Tube: HighGate (northern line) – then 1 min walk to the pub.
This is a basic introduction course. Brief explanations will be given as well as demonstration on consecrations, circle casting, calling elements; You’ll learn how to properly say/ pronounce wiccan words/items, as well as some work on invocations & God/Goddess charges;
• Intro: Origins of Modern Wicca; Wiccan Law & principles;
• Energy: Connecting to nature; Chakra & Tree meditation;
• Altar & Ritual tools – athame, wands, sword, scourge, pentacle etc
• Sweeping/ purifications; Consecrations with salt & water/ incense; casting magic circle (words/ demo);
• Elements & Quarters; Symbols & qualities of Air/fire/Water/Earth in wicca; pentagrams/ triangles; invocation words (demo); Transpersonal work (4 functions).
• God & Goddess in wicca: Horned Gods- Hern, Pan, Cernunnos; Moon Goddesses – Maiden/ mother/ Crone; what are God/Goddess invocations & charges? who can use the energies? Empowerment; Importance of devocations;
• Magic & Spellcraft in Wicca- healing spell; cord & candle magic;
• Esbats & Sabats- Wheel of the year – related seasonal myths & rituals explained (Imbolc, Spring, Beltane, MidSummer, Lammas, Autumn, Samhain, Yule); Full moon/ new moon rituals;
• Initiations & Coven life – brief outline of degrees, how to approach covens, hierarchy; who is suitable; rejections; non-initiatory covens; Projections & attractions to god/goddess energies; abuse of power (warnings);
NO Recording / photography—————— .
Tutor may take some photos with permission for publicity purpose. Your faces can be blurred on any photos to be used. Let Mani (Tutor) know)
We can not predict weather ..but we can be prepared.
• Please wear plenty of warm clothing (it actually gets cold when you sit down on the ground for long). If it’s raining much, tutor will bring a tarpaulin sheet cover.. so we don’t get wet (too much)
• What to bring
• For your own comfort, please bring any food/drinks lunch (Please avoid eating during course delivery!). Bring flask of hot drinks. Bring comfortable cushion/ mat to sit on, as well as a blanket / throw to wrap up .. (or if it’s just cold). Please wear warm coats, socks scarf..
• We’ll have some wine for ceremonial parts of the course & for a bit of social after.
If you have any questions/concerns, please do contact me via private message on meetup, or a public comment below this event.. or via text on 07768941373. Thanks.
Gardnerian Wiccan High Priest / Author
Meetup event link for rsvp:
Join us to celebrate BELTANE 2018.. with ceremony & Maypole Dance. We’ll drum, dance and choose a May King & May Queen. And feast and frolic! (sensibly!)
You will not want to miss this.. ! This year it’s bound to be more festive, more frolics.. and more magic!!
** Fee: £3 per person **
`The veil between the world of men and fairy (or spirit) is said to thin twice a year, at Beltane and at Samhain, which are on opposite points of the year wheel. At Beltane (May eve) the land is at it’s most lush and green, and fertile. If Spring Equinox is the time of fertility and mating in the animal kingdom, then Beltane is one of courting couples making commitment to one another- and Handfastings! In the God-Goddess myths, this is when the playful God is said to commit to the Goddess – which is symbolised by the Sacred Marriage! The Maypole dance that is traditional at this time symbolises the fertile powers of the masculine, penetrating the land, and the ribbons danced and woven around it lock that power! A ring of flower at the tip of the Maypole signifies the feminine. Magical working with the Fay (Fairies) is an important feature at this time, in contrast to the magical work with the departed spirits at Samhain, the opposite point’ (taken from http://www.WitchcraftandMagic.uk )
Out ritual *Team will conduct key aspects of the ceremony, with plenty of opportunities for everyone to get involved in the actual ritual – ie with elements calling, chants, magical work and so on.
****Fee: £3 per person***
RITUAL items to bring:
– Ritual cloths/ robes/ cloaks / ground sheets / blankets
– Staff / wands / antlers / tribal masks / flower crowns (No athame!! .. No swords!)
– Drums & musical instruments
– Lanterns / candles / lighter (all candles in lanterns only please, unless it’s large pillar-candles. Strictly No tea-lights on ground or trees!!)
– Crystals / runes / divination tools
– Poetry / invocations (learnt or to read)
Handfasting / confirming Pagan marriage vows:
In the past, couples have asked organiser about this. Handfasting is a big event in itself, and we do not wish it to be included in a public ceremony as a `side-event’. However, after Blessings of Cakes & Wine (and while still within our magical circle/ sacred space), we may consider couples who are already bonded, to declare their vows / re-affirm their vows by our altar.
**(please message Mani- Wiccan High Priest- in private in advance to arrange this – or simply to arrange your own separate day for handfasting!)**
Adult themes :
As this is a fertility festival, there is bound to be jokes, flirtatious behaviour, adult humour throughout the event.. You are asked to be open minded about these. However do note that we expect all to show respect to one another. Any unwanted advances/ harassment will not be tolerated. Check our policy on these matters. (link below)
We ask no children / babies in prams etc to be brought. This is strictly for ages 18+ only.
Behaviour / alcohol/ drugs policy
This is in a public woodland/ park. please BE on good behaviour. No drugs/ substances allowed.
Please do not take photos during set-up, run-through or ritual.. After ritual, with permission, you may take photos – for private use. If worries about your privacy / identity, please wear a ritual mask to safeguard your identity in photos. Check our policy (link below).
Woodland Witches Media Project:
We are starting to create our own features & documentaries about Paganism, wicca, ritual magic & related communities. This is a `not-for-profit’ project with strict educational purpose. We will film the ritual team during certain sections, and with permission, interview & film some of the willing attendees before & after event. *Unauthorised people are NOT permitted to film or record* (see below for link to our policies).
Meeting place (Woodman’s Pub):
Gather in the Woodman’s Pub from 2.00pm.. Get to `High Gate’ Tube station.. come up to main road. Turn right. Pub is just 30 seconds away.
Esoteric Author/ Teacher/ Wiccan High Priest
Our policies (About us, Eco-statement, Safety, Media & filming) :
Books by Mani Navasothy
If you do an internet search for the Archangel names, firstly many variations come up, and second, you’ll see a whole lot of shops selling talismans & pendants with all sorts of symbols and sigils, with a mixture of Hebrew writing included and all sorts of squiggles.
The question is, how far do you trust them? How accurate do you think those sigils are – and how do you even test to ensure they are accurate? (unless you are already an expert at those matters).
Am not saying anyone out there is deliberately trying to mislead anyone. But my own extensive internet (and hard printed books) searches have shown me that there’s a lot of smudging and confusion in this matter… People are sometimes just copying one another’s websites/ blogs or info..and the mistakes/ misinformation is either spreading or getting amplified (like Chinese whispers).
There are worlds, realms and beings out there – magical, etherial and the supernatural – that are best left alone. Because once you disturb them, or open a door to their realms, or if they happen to disturb you.. life is *never* going to be the same.
Years ago, I had dabbled…all so briefly..with some sigils.. just playful.. for a day or so.. and the psychic reaction I got from that was so shocking and intense, that it scared me. I erased all traces of that experiment..and put it away for years! Until last year! When I had cause to open it up again.. But this time it’s different. I’m being extremely careful.. and double..triple checking every detail..
It started as a personal need to know what I can trust ..and then it became an interest…and then it became a promise.. that what I know I must share with others.. Because there are those amongst you.. who are seeking.. out of curiosity, interest or worse…desperation..!
That’s why this is being written.. To help those who are seeking.
Is it my place to help? Do I know enough to help? Possibly No..for both questions. But I have a new philosophy that I have been living by now..for almost half a year.. If you are working with Angels, how ever small or large an involvement, you have to live by some high ideals and standards.. There is no faking it…or suppressing it or denying it.. They will know. So you have to simply start being it…your best self.. your noble self.. your angelic self!
So with those disclaimers / warnings in mind, let’s begin.
1. The Rose Wheel
I won’t go into the full history or detail of it.. You can look it up on wikipedia .. or the `Golden Dawn’ (for first hand knowledge/ reading). I will say this.. if you don’t know it,, and you were looking for it …it will have been one hard journey. Information online is fragmented..and bits seem to be kept apart.
I eventually found it…and suddenly it all made sense.. So am writing about it first..(so that it saves you the trouble). It’s a key that practitioners of `Golden Dawn’ western magical tradition used in their ceremonies, rituals and magical work.
I have re-created only the central section here. Not only that, I have also combined the Hebrew letters/ sounds that match the english letters/ sounds as near as possible..
2. Arch Angel names
Am only referring to the four Archangels used in the `Ritual of the lesser banishing of the Pentagram’ – mainly, Raphael, Michael, Gabriel and Uriel… for East, South, West and North directions respectively.
These names were originally said in Hebrew, and were written in that langage. So their pronounciations are slightly different.I have gone back to the Hebrew forms (given in example)..
3. How to write Archangelnames in sigil form
- Start by writing the specific name in Hebrew (or find a hebrew version online!). Remember Hebrew is written from right to left..
- Then Take out a pre-drawn Rose Wheel. Yes, you’ll need one. And above I ave provided one version. Just print it off, orr copy it using geometric accuracy..or view it enlarged, stick a paper on your screen, and trace over it carefully (don’t press too hard and end up damaging the screen.. so be very careful)
- Mark out the letters of the name on the Rose Wheel.
- Now in sequence, trace over the letters, thereby drawing the sigil of the Archangel name.
Here are fully illustrated examples I have created.
With these 4 examples, and the Rose Wheel diagram above, you now have the tools and techniques to start creating sigils of other Arch Angel and Angel names in sigil forms..
As to how you use them.. I shall be writing several new blogs on these topics.. over the coming moths.
I have quite a bit to share.
connect with me on facebook www.facebook.com/ManiNavasothy
More posts on High Magic: