Join us for the afternoon/ early evening to mark IMBOLC (Candlemas).
“Imbolc is said to be the time when the Winter Goddess who has kept her grip on the land loosens her hold, so that the ice melts and waters break and flow again. It is when the Goddess Bride (Brigid) `returns’ to the land. Her path is lit by candles, symbolising the return of light and warmth which is imminent. Bride is a Goddess of poetry, inspiration, healing, knot-magic and weaving. With her, she brings the gifts of 3 flames!” (taken from my site www.WitchcraftandMagic.uk )
*** Fee: £3 **
We now have a formal ritual team. Also many requested us to carry on doing rituals in north london. (But organiser lives in South London!) So to cover various meetup running costs & ritual expenses, we now have a fixed fee of £3 per person.
- Date: Saturday 28th Januar 2017
- Time: 2pm meeting at Woodman’s pub (Patio garden) for walking to woods and 3pm ritual start (ritual start time is approx due to organic nature of setting up)
- venue: Queen’s Woods, Wood Lane (nearest tube: High Gate – Northern line).
- Meeting point: Woodman’s Pub, Archway Road – Meet us in the back garden – patio area of The Woodman’s pub..(corner of Archway Road) ..2 mins from HighGate tube (north london). We’ll leave at 2.30pm .. walk *together* to the woods, set up altar and do ritual.
This is an open ritual held in an outdoor park/woods with easy public access..
Out ritual *Team will conduct key aspects of the ceremony, with plenty of opportunities for everyone to get involved in the actual ritual – ie with elements calling, chants, magical work and so on.
- Wiccan Opening Prayer, sweeping & Consecrations
- Circle casting & Element quarters called
- Farewell to Winter Goddess
- Invocation of Virgin Goddess Bride / Bridget
- Bride arrives via a path lit by candles ..and blesses all with her 3 gifts of flames
- Cakes & Wine blessed & shared
- Close circle
Invocations (video examples)
- Plea to Winter Goddess (video by Mani Navasothy)
- Call to Bride – Virgin Goddess (video by Mani Navasothy)
RITUAL items to bring:
– Your ritual cloths/ robes/ cloaks
– Staff / wands / antlers / tribal masks
– Drums & musical instruments
– Lanterns / candles / lighter
– Crystals / runes / divination tools
-Poetry / invocations (learnt or to read)
To stay in touch with the woodland rituals I organise, please visit my meetup group (free to join) London Woodland Witches & Outdoor Pagans’
(Esoteric Author, events Organiser & Wiccan High Priest)