Our 5th annual Celebration of Birthday of Goddess Isis’ – to mark the Night of the Cradle’ where Sky Goddess Nut gave birth to the Egyptian Goddess Isis. It will take place as before, on the river banks of the Thames in Central London!
- Date: Sunday 16th July 2017
- Duration: 1.30pm to 5pm (approx)
- Meeting point– Meet us at the Hollyhock Cafe, Terrace Gardens, Richmond at 1.30pm. At 2pm we will ceremonially process and go down to river bank..for ceremony.
The ceremony will use a blend of Wiccan & adapted Egyptian ritual outlines. (Note: My research indicates Birth of Isis was celebrated on 17th July.. but our ritual this year takes place on sunday 16th July).
The ceremony is expected to be 45mins ..and then we’ll continue socials/ feasting.. (It’s a birthday party, after all). 🙂 So be sure to bring plenty of Wine & cakes.
** Donation (suggested) £3 *****
——– Ceremony outline —–
- A decorative altar with Sky Goddess Nut and a concealed statue of Isis will be set up.
- Opening prayers and /or Meditation (chakra or other)
- Consecrations with salt & water, incense, candles
- Casting magic Circle
- Calling elemental quarters
- Energy raising
- Invocation : Isis called by her many names! Printed sheets provided. Each attendee may utter 10-20 names.
- Goddess Isis (statue) is revealed.
- Milk & flower Ceremony – all bath statue in milk, followed by offering of flowers. These are then offered to the river Thames.
- Magical work (optional)
- Cakes & Wine blessing
- Closing & Grounding work
- Feasting, Socialising… Food & drinks blessed and shared.
- Birthday Party !! (Birthday of Isis).
————— What to bring————————
— Wear ceremonial robes / masks (Egyptian style if possible).
— Musical instruments (drums, systrum, bells)
— Food & drinks to share.
— Poetry / your own Invocations to honour Goddess Isis
As it is a public place, passers-by may take photos or watch. That is accepted by the organisers, in the spirit of celebrating the Birthday of Isis 🙂
However intrusive photography by professionals for purpose of outside publishing is prohibited.
We ask all to be in good public behaviour.
Safety of Thames water
Though the water is cleaner to paddle, it is NOT suitable for drinking!! Avoid handling the Thames water.. and if you do by chance, then please use anti-bacterial hand-wash/ wipes to sterilise your hands before handling any food!
***Please dress really appropriate for weather! *** Good water-proof coats, proper boots/ shoes / trainers..that are not going to get soaked in mud/ rain. Gloves, scarf. hats; possibly a bag/ ruck sack to put all your belonging and set aside (on the ground, when doing ritual).
Link to other rituals