Mirror meditation work
This exercise is partially transpersonal as well as magical. It may seem similar to the `black mirror scrying’ – ie gazing at a black mirror in semi-dark room with a candle. But this one is quite different. Here, you won;t be just gazing into the mirror, awaiting imagery, but you’ll be looking deeply `into your self’ …
When I have done this for myself, there have been brief moments of intensity. What you `find’ when you do this work is of great value. Do make a note of your insights, imagery and anything else that surfaces immediately. Those will become useful and significant in some of the works in further modules.
You will require a dimly lit room ( or just one candle only in an otherwise dark room).
Arrange the furniture / tools, so that you are seated on a chair or on the floor in a comfortable manner. Place a normal mirror in front of you – on a stable stand, table, wall or the floor.
This exercise merely involves you looking. So no other objects are needed, except a single candle (no electric lights/ lamps or other light sources. Ensure you can not see even the tiny lights of electrical equipment like clock radios, Video player, mobile phone, laptop stand-by light etc).
You should only be able to see a fairly dimly lit reflection of just your face on the mirror (the candle light source should not be seen on the mirror. It should be adjusted and away from the mirror. The Candle light should not be too direct on your face or eyes, as that can distract you).
- Once set-up is complete, be seated in front of the mirror, and look gently at your reflected face on it. Avoid any sorts of concerns, thoughts, worries and just look at your face for a good 10-15 minutes without interruption.
- Blink normally through out (no need to force eyes to be open).
- Now look deeply into you own (reflected) eyes. You will only be able to look into one eye at a time. Stay with this for awhile.
- If any imagery or distortions take place, remember to make a note of it later, especially the `feelings’ you get, (such as anxiety, bewilderment or other emotions).
- Only do this exercise for a maximum of 10-15 minutes. Then gently switch room lights on.
- Make a full record / note of your experience in the notebook.
What you may get
- Initially you may start this, taking it lightly.
- Looking into `your eyes’ (on the mirror) can be quite disconcerting – as at some point, you’ll loose objectivity, and may slip into a point where you think you are looking into the eyes of another person. Doing it for more than a few minutes will be a new experience!
- As your eyes get a little tired or become used to it, your sight may blur and attention `phase out’ a little. That’s when interesting thngs occur.
- As you do this work, you’ll become aware of the plethero of random thoughts flooding through your mind. But at some point, a shift may occur, and insights or revelations surface.
Hope you find this exercise valuable.
4 thoughts on “Mirror Meditation as Psychic Training at Samhain (Halloween)”
OH MY GOD.PEOPLE DON’T FUCKING DO THAT
Looking into one reflected eyes mirror makes body an open door for the soul.So ,in this way anything can enter in you from another dimentions,bc of course mirrors are doorbells to other dimentions